Angie—our in-house HR specialist and newest member of the PayReel team—stays ahead of the game to ensure PayReel keeps our clients compliant. Keeping on top of the ins and outs of compliance is hard, time-consuming, high-stakes work. Isn’t it nice to know you have someone in your corner to keep your payroll services running smoothly and accurately?
Legal headaches handled
PayReel keeps up with ever-changing contractor/freelancer payment and compliance regulations. Angie makes sure our team knows the latest so they can keep our clients ahead of the game.
The benefits the PayReel team provides on the legal front are:
- Mitigating compliance risks
- Making sure we (both PayReel and our clients) are compliant
- Educating clients on practices that could compromise them
- Tracking benefits eligibility
- Tracking changes in minimum wage and sick leave policies in each state
- Answering questions, including whether or not you can pay once a month or fill timesheets out ahead of time. Hint: you can’t.
Quick and accurate payment
Beyond compliance, PayReel makes payroll services a breeze for clients. Payroll will be the easiest part of your day with PayReel’s full range of services:
- Online management: Employees log hours and supervisors approve them—all online. No need for paperwork here.
- Fast payment: Employees submit time cards by end of business on Monday, the supervisor approves them, PayReel pays on Friday. It’s that easy.
- Overtime tracking: PayReel keeps up with hours to make sure employees get paid accurately.
- Education: PayReel supports clients in educating employees on overtime policies so they don’t make a habit of working overtime without getting prior approval.
- Benefits eligibility: The PayReel team makes sure clients know when employees become eligible for benefits.
The bottom line
Everyone from Uber to Minor League Baseball is trying to figure out labor laws and fair pay. The gig economy and the worker classification challenges it brings to the forefront are top-of-mind topics for the government, employers, and employees alike.
Angie knows the biz and the people in the biz. If she hears about a possible change, she researches it and takes the necessary steps. She also reads forums like a boss—watching for changes on LegalWATCH and similar resources. Angie stays up to date on payroll regulations and works with the PayReel team to assist you in navigating the increasingly complicated waters of payroll services.
The PayReel team is on top of it—making sure we’re following all regulations, rules, and federal and state laws. For example, we carefully reviewed IC contracts when New York enacted its Freelance Isn’t Free Act.
In a nutshell: We stay ahead of the curve so our clients never even have to think about payroll services and compliance.
Producing multimedia content and executing live events is chaotic. When it comes to event payroll, payroll taxes, and so much more, PayReel makes your life easier. We make sure our clients are able to hire who they want, when they want and see that everyone is paid properly. Leave all payroll services and details up to the PayReel team so you can focus on pulling off a flawless production. Contact us anytime at 303-526-4900 or email us here.
Relax. We got it.
Angie Aragon, PayReel’s in-house HR specialist, joined the PayReel team in early 2017. Her experience in human resources, risk management, and compliance gives her the tools to provide laser-focused attention and assistance to the PayReel employees who need it most. Meet the rest of the PayReel team by clicking here!