There are two certainties in life: Death and paperwork. Mountains and mountains of paperwork. From teachers to creative professionals, every role has its own version of the dreaded TPS report. The joy-sucking chore of managing stacks of paper often supplants dreams of making paradigm-shifting creative work. A paperless vendor payment solution, on the other hand, liberates cluttered desks and minds.
Top Five Benefits of a Vendor Payment Service:
- Customization: Unique business realities mean cookie-cutter solutions won’t cut it. Custom software that’s designed for the fast-paced nature of video production and live events industries will cut down on the frustrating workarounds that bog down conventional payrolling tools.
- Compliance: The only thing you want less than more paper is attention from the IRS. PayReel OnLine keeps businesses compliant with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Automation: Why manage details manually when digital reports, forecasting, and timesheets are a few clicks away?
- Consolidation & Centralization: Process independent contractor and vendor invoices simultaneously and approve invoices and timesheets with one click.
- Paperless: And finally, the real prize: No more paper.
Movements toward minimalism and Tiny Houses are gaining traction in part because people feel oppressed by the sheer volume of stuff in their lives. Steve Jobs and Albert Einstein wore the same outfits each day to free their minds to focus on more substantial decisions. President Barack Obama and Mark Zuckerberg followed suit (and t-shirt, respectively). People are digitizing everything from photo albums to music—and for good reason. Life’s better on top of the mountain, not buried underneath it.
PayReel’s clients, who are some of the biggest companies in the world, are constantly immersed in the chaos of producing multimedia content or executing live events. PayReel makes sure they have the right contractors at the right time in the right place, and that everyone gets paid properly. And, most importantly, they handle every last detail—down to eliminating paperwork—perfectly while making sure their clients think nothing of it, so they can get back to doing what they do best.